Research design : qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches / John W. Creswell.Material type: TextPublisher: Thousand Oaks : Sage Publications, 2003Edition: 2da. edición.Description: xxvi, 246 páginas : ilustraciones ; 23 cm.Content type: texto Media type: sin mediación Carrier type: volumenISBN: 9780761924418; 0761924418 (c); 0761924426 (pbk.).Subject(s): Ciencias sociales -- Métodos estadísticos | Investigación social | Metodología de la investigaciónDDC classification: 300.72
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Libros||Biblioteca Central||300.72 C923 2003 (Browse shelf)||Ej. 1||Available||33197|
Incluye índice de autor e índice de materia.
Referencias bibliográficas: páginas 228-236.
A framework for design. -- Review of the literature. -- Writing strategies and ethical considerations. -- The introduction. -- The purpose statement. -- Research questions and hypotheses. -- The use of theory. -- Definitions, limitations, and significance. -- Quantitative methods. -- Qualitative procedures. -- Mixed methods procedures.
The book that has helped more than 80,000 students and researchers prepare their plan or proposal for a scholarly journal article, dissertation, or thesis has been revised and updated while maintaining all the features that made the first edition so popular.
New to the Second Edition:
• Because mixed methods research has come into its own since the publication of the first edition, every chapter now shows how to implement a mixed methods design in your proposal or plan as well as showing how to include qualitative and quantitative approaches.
• Ethical issues that may arise in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods designs have been added to a new section in Chapter 3.
• Writing tips and considerations have been expanded and moved to the first part of the book to get your research plan started in the right direction.
• The latest developments in qualitative inquiry, including advocacy, participatory, and emancipatory approaches, have been added.
• Chapter 11 on mixed methods procedures shows readers how to identify types of mixed methods strategy, select data collection and analysis approaches, and plan the overall structure of the study. El texto.